Blister packaging is ideal for small consumer goods. This type of plastic packaging highlights the product and provides a degree of tamper resistance while still being easy to open. Clear, plastic blisters are cost-effective, high visibility, clean, and protective packaging solutions for the retail, electronics, industrial, consumer goods and medical applications.Blisters in combination with paper backer cards can be manufactured from a wide variety of resins based on the application, proposed function and product size.Common blister materials – PET, PVC, GPETG and PETG.For sustainable solutions, recycled content and even bio-based materials are available.
- One piece of custom-formed plastic sheet
- Used in conjunction with specially manufactured paperboard to complete the package
- Blister can be trapped between two pieces of paperboard to make a trapped blister
- Blister can be affixed to a single piece of paperboard
- Blister is held in place using heat and pressure to activate an adhesive on paperboard
- Incorporate the product’s shape to enhance brand identity
- High-visibility package showcases product
- Designed to be easy to open by hand
- Strong enough to hang on a hook
Features of Blister Packaging
- Trapped blisters: a blister which is trapped and secured between to blister cards
- Face seal blister: blister which is sealed to the blister card on the flange surface
- Full face seal blister: blister which is sealed to blister card not only on flange surface but other sections of the blister
- This is a portion of the blister which is located just outside the product cavity
- Minimum flange is required for manufacturability and sealing to or within a blister card or trap blister
- Provides blister structure
- Area can be used to identify product with part number
- Flange can be sealed to a blister card or trapped within “ trapped blister” fold over card
- Top of flange can be used and designed to accept hanger hole placement
- Specific cavity for retention and containment of packaged product
- Cavity can be custom designed to fit specific product
- Product retention features can be included to reduce product movement within blister
- Cavity can be generic in shape and size if used for multiple items like screws, bolts, nails, etc.
- Product cavity can be positioned on front, back or both blister sections – the latter – would be considered a double blister
- A packaging solution which ensures product integrity.
- A blister is sealed to aqueous coated card
- When blister is removed or attempted to be removed, the blister presents evidence of tampering
- Visible evidence of tampering
- Text or logo which is engraved on the production tool which will appear on all blisters manufactured.
- Company name and address
- Website address
- Plastic resin code
- Recycle recommendation
- Most fonts and font sizes are available
UPPI is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of specialized, custom thermoformed plastic packaging. Our business is the design, creation, and production of effective, yet cost-efficient packaging for the retail, medical, electronics, industrial, and food industries. If you would like to learn more about our services, fill out the form, and a member of our team will be in touch.